- Hike Through One of the World's Only Cloud Forests
- Gourmet Lunch
- History & Culture
- Kona Brewing Company Tour & Tasting & Lunch
- Ola Brewing Company Tour & Tasting
- Kona Coffee Farm Tour
- Flexible Meal Options
- Private Tours Available
You aren’t boring, so why should your tour be? Join us and get a little spirited, island style.
Contact us: / 844-566-2628
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Hotel / Home Pickup
8:30 a.m. Depart Kailua-Kona
A Relaxing Hike Through One of the World’s Rare Cloud Forests
- Cloud Forest – Embark upon a truly rare and unique ecological adventure.
On the Big Island of Hawai’i, in the heart of an area known as Kaloko Mauka, is the privately owned 70-acre Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary. Located fifteen minutes from the Kona-Keahole Airport it is the most accessible cloud forest in Hawai’i.
Much of the sanctuary is still covered with native plants. In some designated areas of the property, a fascinating environment of non-indigenous plants that are carefully managed have been added, enhancing the variety of fragrance and color.
The sanctuary abounds with ancient Koa, Ohia, over 100 varieties of bamboo, Orchids and gigantic tree ferns, some of which are 30 feet or more in height. The native forest contains many rare and endangered species which Kona Cloud Forest Sanctuary is committed to protecting.
It is also home to many endemic and exotic birds, including the Hawaiian Hawk and Honey Creeper. At 3,000 feet elevation directly above the Kona coast, the cloud forest helps supply water to agriculture, golf courses, residences and hotels below.
A Tour of an Authentic Kona Coffee Farm
- Kona Coffee – Nestled on the tropical slopes of Hualalai volcano at over 3,000 feet elevation, taste, experience and explore a truly exceptional Kona farm known for its location and elevation, the two conditions which create an exceptional cup of coffee found no where else in the world.
Tasting and Tour, Lunch, Kona Brewing Company (Beer / Lunch)
- Kona Brewing Company – Kona Brewing is a staple of Island Life for foodies and beer aficionados both local and visiting Kona. Kegging beer since 1995. Famous for Longboard Lager, Big Swell IPA, Wailua Wheat.
— or —
Tasting and Tour, Lunch, Ola Brewing Company (Beer / Lunch)
- Ola Brewing Company – Ola Brewing’s mission supports local farmers here in Hawaii and utilizes local ingredients increasing self-sufficiency as an island community. With an intense focus on sustainability and cultivating local agriculture, Ola Brew pours top-notch craft beer and hand-crafted cider that competes with the best in the world and is waiting for you now. Cheers!
The Day / Our Commitment
- Reforestation – It is our responsibility to the great nation of Hawai’i to replenish our daily take. Our ecosystems are fragile and need our help. Part of our day together will be focused on replacing our footprint and improving the place upon which we have tread.
Questions and Answers
What is included?
- A half day of adventure, history, culture and tastes.
- Brewery tour, tasting and lunch at the world famous and esteemed Kona Brewing Company.
- Brewery tour, tasting and lunch at West Hawaii’s premier craft brewing company, Ola Brewing.
- Light snacks and water.
What should we bring and what should we wear?
- A light jacket and sunscreen. Shorts are recommended and a pair of light pants if you chill easily. We will have light snacks.
- Closed-toe shoes suitable for hiking.
- A non-disposable water bottle filled with water.
What about gratuity (tip)?
- A tip of $10 to $20 per person is encouraged. More is always welcome!
Are the times/stops/activities flexible?
- Yes, please ask/suggest.